Friday, June 4, 2010

More How To and Less How Come

I, for one, would love to see more instructional and educational material shared within our blogging community versus so much of the OMG-look-what's-happening-now type posts. Don't get me wrong, the exchange of news and information is critical if we are to make informed decisions for our own futures. But I don't think we can afford to neglect the business of improving our skills and increasing our knowledge. The worse things get in the world, the more important those skills and knowledge will be.

I encourage Yeoldfurt at Old Lightning to put up how-to posts. I might be a wee bit biased, but he is so knowledgeable on so many valuable subjects ...from hand tools to horses and most everything in between. I would love to learn some dehydrating tips from SciFiChick at Bacon and Eggs and I would love to see Felinae at Tales From The Scratching Post do a pictorial and instructional post on the cage Catman built to keep the birds out of their vegetable garden. My frugalista friend, Abby, at Frugal Canning is a great resource for anything to do with canning. Brigid at Home on the Range is a great read. Her stories are both entertaining and thought-provoking and her recipes are always five star!

Please don't feel slighted if you don't see a link to your blog here.  I can't name all of you, but you know who you are.  You know what you know that would be useful to the rest of us. So please share.  I don't know how much I have to offer in the way of skills and knowledge, but I intend to focus the rest of this summer learning all I can and sharing what I learn.

1 comment:

  1. Hi HB :)

    I will see if I can get Catman to write down the instructions for me. :D
    Stay tuned, I will probably have the post up within the week.

    Great idea by the way, I would have never thought to post about that.

    Thanks :D
    Hugs~Fel~

    ReplyDelete